Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Alicia here. Apparently I get to do all the not so fun posts.

I know it has been a while since we updated. We were busy packing. We managed to finish up just in time to hand the keys over at closing. It was an emotional week.

Just shy of 7 years ago, Phil and I were talking about moving in together. I lived in Manlius, he lived in Syracuse. If you asked him, I lived far. Too far. So, after much discussion, we decided to put my house on the market and look for a house to call "ours".

A week before we were set to move in, Phil proposed. We have grown from a newly engaged couple, to a family of four in that house, sure enough it would not be an easy Good-bye.

We love clocks! We packed several boxes with them. Somehow we missed one. (There would be a picture here if we could have easily found the camera.) The most sentimental one; A simple pendulum clock that hung in my condo. In fact, the pendulum stopped swinging the moment I told my grandmother what day Phil and I chose as our wedding day. Since then, working or not, that clock will always have wall space in our home.

With the furniture gone, and the U-Haul packed, we headed to our next stop. Norstar Apartments in Liverpool. Finding short term housing in greater Syracuse is a challenge. We managed to get the one and only furnished apartment in the area. Only one problem - they left out one important detail about moving in. Since it was after 4 pm, and we were physically and emotionally exhausted, we left to regroup. We were now homeless - with nowhere to sleep. So what did we do? The girls and I went to my parents. Phil went to work.

We successfully moved in the next day. Marissa is loving it - there is a playground just across the way.

It is a work in progress.

Is the house done yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment